The rapid expansion of information technology has called for the establishment of robust personal data protection, a key human right safeguarded by both the Council of Europe’s Convention for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data and its amending protocol (Convention 108+) and the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Speakers representing key stakeholders in the sector will discuss data protection and how it applies to the blood transfusion sector; outline the responsibilities and challenges faced by blood establishments and share strategies in managing the various types of data they process. The ensuing needs and emerging issues in the blood sector will also be explored.
Duration: 2 hours, 40 minutes.
Download the programme
This webinar is intended for blood sector professionals
Download the presentations
- Data Protection in the Blood Sector: Observations from the B-QM Programme by Richard Forde
- Data Protection in the Blood Sector: Challenges for Blood Establishment Data Protection Officers – European Blood Alliance DPO / Privacy Working Group by Sabrina Keenan
- Practical Illustration – Managing Data Protection at the NHSBT, UK, by Katrina Smith
- Practical Illustration – Managing Data Protection at the Belgian Red Cross by Claire Dupont
- Case Study: “Right to Be Forgotten” – European Blood Alliance – DPO / Privacy Working Group by Sabrina Keenan
Other Events / Training Sessions