Submitting drafts and requests for revision
The European Pharmacopoeia Commission encourages you to submit draft monographs or General Chapters. Your draft may be the starting point for what could become an official public standard.
You can also propose revisions to a general chapter or monograph already published in the European Pharmacopoeia. To ensure that your proposal receives the attention it deserves, please make sure that you highlight the suggested changes clearly. You are also invited to submit any data you may have in support of your proposal.
How can I propose a new monograph or submit a request for revision?
- For manufacturers and other interested parties from Member States of the Ph. Eur. Convention: via the national pharmacopoeia authority.
- For others (manufacturers and other interested parties from non-Member States of the Ph. Eur. Convention or multinational interested parties, for international organisations and for industry associations or other associations): via the Secretariat in Strasbourg (via the EDQM HelpDesk)
- Guide for the Work of the European Pharmacopoeia (PA/PH/SG (16) 86 COM)
- Elaboration/Revision of a Monograph (Procedure 1)
- Elaboration of a Monograph (Procedure 4)
- Elaboration/Revision of Monographs on Raw Materials or Stocks for Homoeopathic Preparations (Procedure 5) (Sept. 2013)
- Monographs of the HOM Working Party (adopted June 2013)
- Download all Technical Guides
- Recommendations for the layout of monographs on substances of human and animal origin
- What has changed and why - The new approach to extraneous agent testing in immunological veterinary medicinal products (IVMPs) in the European Pharmacopoeia as of 1 July 2020