- prepare, set up and run analytical tests on substances for pharmaceutical use and medicinal products in accordance with pre-defined analytical procedures and protocols and in compliance with laboratory safety and quality standards;
- record, check and report the analytical results obtained;
- maintain, calibrate, verify and test equipment and instrumentation; may be responsible for specific items of analytical equipment;
- participate in meetings and working groups, and follow-up on actions agreed;
- contribute to the Laboratory’s Quality Management System and the maintenance of its ISO 17025 accreditation.
What we are looking for in you
- completed full course of general secondary education and hold an appropriate recognised national diploma for a laboratory technician in chemistry or related subject;
- proven practical experience of physicochemical analysis including at least 1 year of practical experience of conducting analytical testing in a laboratory adhering to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) or ISO 17025;
- good knowledge of one of the Council of Europe’s official languages (English or French) and working knowledge of the other;
- professional and technical expertise:
- practical experience in physico-chemical analytical quality control techniques such as liquid chromatography, Gas chromatography (GC), spectroscopic methods (IR, UV), mass spectrometry (MS), titration methods, etc.;
- ability to use specific analytical laboratory software, including chromatographic data management software.
- Planning and work organisation
- Analysis and problem solving
- Concern for quality
- Results orientation
- Teamwork and co-operation
These would be an asset:
- Professional and technical expertise:
- ability to use other scientific data management systems and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS);
- proven practical experience of analysis of substances for pharmaceutical use and/or medicinal products.
- Service orientation
- Learning and development