The European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) is a single reference work for the quality control of medicines. The official standards it contains provide a scientific basis for quality control during the entire life cycle of a product.
These standards are legally binding – as laid down in the Council of Europe Convention on the Elaboration of a European Pharmacopoeia and in EU and national pharmaceutical legislation. Ph. Eur. quality standards become mandatory on the same date in all States Parties to the convention.
- Legally binding in 39 European countries and applied in more than 120 countries worldwide.
- Provides new and revised texts.
- Delivers crucial information for European markets earlier than any other Pharmacopoeia.
- The 10th Edition (initial release plus supplements 10.1 and 10.2) contains 2 426 monographs, 372 general texts (including general monographs and methods of analysis) and around 2 780 descriptions of reagents.
The 10th Edition of the Ph. Eur. was released in July 2019 and will be updated with eight periodic supplements over the following three years (10.1 to 10.8).
- Print version: the 10th Edition consists of three initial volumes (10.0) complemented by eight non-cumulative supplements (10.1 to 10.8). For the convenience of users, direct access to complementary information (Knowledge Database) is included for each monograph and general chapter through a data matrix code. Available in either English or French, the print version contains a subscription key (EPID code) that allows access to online archives.
- Electronic version:
- completely cumulative versions, bilingual (English and French), with new features and direct access to complementary information (Knowledge Database);
- access to the European Pharmacopoeia Online website from all recent common operating systems (tablet and smartphone friendly);
- an application fully compatible with recent Windows and Linux operating systems;
- Two installation options for each electronic licence: either individual or shared access (one option to be chosen):
- individual use: install the application on one computer and on one USB stick, for online or offline use and easy access while on the move or in environments where using the book or the website is not possible or practical;
- shared use: install the application on one computer or one USB stick, for online or offline use, for example for non-nominative access in university libraries or laboratories.
Other features of the electronic version of the Ph. Eur. include:
- direct links to texts;
- search query management;
- visibility of changes (for revised and corrected texts).
Access to archives included in the subscription. The Ph. Eur. online archives are available to all users with an up-to-date subscription (print or electronic).
- 10th Edition print version: the 2021 subscription includes the three non-cumulative updates (10.3, 10.4 and 10.5) and provides access to the Ph. Eur. online archives until 31 December 2021.
- 10th Edition electronic version: the 2021 subscription provides access to the cumulative content of the updates (10.3 to 10.5) as well as to the Ph. Eur. online archives until 31 December 2021.
- Languages: the print version is available in either English or French, whereas the electronic version is bilingual (English and French).
- Prices and offers:
- €540 per subscription (print or electronic);
- a package including both print and electronic versions is available at a significantly reduced price;
- no handling charges (for the print version) when you order online;
- save money by purchasing more than two electronic versions at the same time;
- special prices for universities.
- 10th Edition price list available here.
- For more information, see “Sales information” opposite, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.