Mandate of the TS093 Working Group
A subordinate working group has been appointed by the CD-P-TS to focus on issues with plasma supply management (PSM, project TS093). A core working group was set up with members nominated by the CD-P-TS upon proposal by national Delegations. The TS093 core working group has been entrusted with the following tasks:
- To develop tools to assess self-sufficiency in member states leading to a clear landscape;
- To develop tools/ give advices to achieve a higher degree of self-sufficiency;
- To use plasma of the required quality to its full potential;
- To achieve sustainable and safe plasmapheresis collection with a focus on donor protection
- To provide evidence based data to support the revision of the “Guide to the preparation, use and quality assurance of blood components”.
Plasma supply management is a complex issue involving numerous stakeholders and consequently the CD-P-TS decided to involve all interested parties in the TS093 extended working group. A meeting of the TS093 extended working group has been held in September 2016 and the conclusions and recommendations thereof can be found here.