The 1st edition of the technical guide “Metals and alloys used in food contact materials and articles” (2013) has been completely reviewed by the European Committee for Food Contact Materials and Articles (Partial Agreement) (CD-P-MCA) to account for regulatory developments and recent risk assessments. With a view to incorporating these revisions in the 2nd edition, the text is open for consultation by all concerned parties (such as national authorities, manufacturers, business operators and control laboratories) from 21 March 2022 to 29 April 2022. To access the consultation, please visit the EDQM page on food contact materials.
The technical guide supplements Council of Europe Resolution CM/Res(2020)9 on the safety and quality of materials and articles for contact with food. Updates to the 2nd edition include:
- alignment with the guiding principles of Council of Europe Resolution CM/Res(2020)9;
- amendments to tolerable daily intakes (TDIs) and specific release limits (SRLs);
- quality requirements and use recommendations;
- a new section on zirconium;
- improvements related to release testing;
- improvements related to the expression of uncertainty surrounding measurements.
- Publications on food contact materials and articles
- Metals and alloys used in food contact materials and articles, 1st edition, English and French: available for FREE download
- Paper editions are available for purchase at the EDQM Store