The European Pharmacopoeia Commission (EPC) held its 176th session on 20 and 21 June 2023. The 67 texts adopted at this session by the EPC will be published in European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) Supplement 11.5 (January 2024), with an implementation date of 1 July 2024.
These 67 texts included 11 new monographs and three new general chapters:
- monographs on:
- Cannabis flower (3028) and Cannabidiol (3151), isolated from the Cannabis sativa L. plant;
- Green bean pod (2952), Rhodiola root and rhizome (2893), Polygonum multiflorum stem (2725) and Round amomum fruit (2555) ;
- Pirfenidone capsules (3154) ;
- Lercanidipine hydrochloride (3052) and Erlotinib hydrochloride (3094) ;
- Oxygen (98 per cent) (3098);
- Mycoplasma gallisepticum vaccine (live) for chickens (3133) ;
- general chapters on:
- Monocyte-activation test for vaccines containing inherently pyrogenic components (2.6.40);
- Comparability of alternative analytical procedures (5.27);
- Particle size analysis by dynamic light scattering (2.9.50).
The EPC adopted revised versions of 53 texts.
For more information, read the press release “Outcome of the 176th session of the European Pharmacopoeia Commission, June 2023”.