The European Pharmacopoeia Commission (EPC) held its 175th session on 21 and 22 March 2023. The 84 texts adopted by the EPC at this session will be published in European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) Supplement 11.4 (October 2023), with an implementation date of 1 April 2024.
These 84 texts included 12 new monographs and one new general chapter:
- monographs on:
- Rose flower (2949), Gumweed herb (2951) and Alpinia oxyphylla fruit (3161) ;
- Etonogestrel (3049), Brivaracetam (3139), Cabazitaxel acetone (3060) ;
- medicinal products: Brivaracetam tablets (3140), Brivaracetam injection or infusion (3142), Brivaracetam oral solution (3141) and Cabazitaxel acetone concentrate for infusion (3061) ;
- Hypromellose acetate succinate (3101) ;
- Winter ulcer vaccine (inactivated, oil-adjuvanted, injectable) for salmonids (2151) ;
- and a general chapter entitled Assay of Phl p 5 allergen (2.7.37).
The EPC also adopted revised versions of 71 texts.
For more information, read the press release “Outcome of the 175th session of the European Pharmacopoeia Commission, March 2023”.