The 171st session of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) Commission took place on 23 and 24 November 2021.
At this session, the Commission adopted 75 texts for publication in the 11th Edition of the European Pharmacopoeia: 66 revised texts and nine new texts, including:
- the revised and harmonised (through the Pharmacopoeial Discussion Group) chapter on Chromatographic separation techniques (2.2.46) ;
- the new general chapter Implementation of pharmacopoeial procedures (5.26) ;
- the revised and now harmonised monographs Paraffin, white soft (1799) and Paraffin, yellow soft (1554) ;
- two new general chapters, Assay of Bet v1 allergen (2.7.36) and Microbiological examination of human tissues (2.6.39) ;
- the revised monograph Vaccines for veterinary use (00062) including specific requirements for the microbiological quality of non-liquid vaccines for non-parenteral use.
For more information, read the press release “Outcome of the 171st session of the European Pharmacopoeia Commission, November 2021”.