The aim of the symposium was to update stakeholders on the achievements and current work programme of the International Meeting of World Pharmacopoeias (IMWP), giving pharmacopoeia representatives and stakeholders a unique opportunity to meet, share their experience and exchange views on pharmacopoeial co-operation and convergence/harmonisation.
The one-day symposium included background information on the IMWP and explained the scope and content of the “Good Pharmacopoeial Practices” (GPhP) guidelines. Speakers included representatives of pharmacopoeias and stakeholders from around the world. They presented and discussed opportunities and challenges surrounding international co-operation and the harmonisation of pharmacopoeial texts.
This symposium is of interest to professionals from the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory agencies.
Download the presentations
- General background of the International Meeting of World Pharmacopoeias (IMWP) and feedback from the 11th IMWP on 18-19 February 2020, by Sabine Kopp, WHO
- Good Pharmacopoeial Practices (GPhP) and future interactions between the Pharmacopoeial Discussion Group (PDG) and world pharmacopoeias, by Cathie Vielle, European Pharmacopoeia Dept., EDQM, Council of Europe
- Latest progress of the Chinese Pharmacopoeia 2020 and an overview of ChP International Cooperation, by Yue Shang, Chinese Pharmacopoeia Commission
- The Future of Pharmacopeial Collaboration, by Jeff Moore, U.S. Pharmacopeia
- Control Strategies of Genotoxic Impurities in Drug Substance & Product, by Anuj Prakash, Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission
- Vision and Expectations of the Japanese Pharmacopoeia, by Haruhiro Okuda, Japanese Pharmacopoeia
- Vision and expectations of the Mexican Pharmacopoeia, by Rafael Hernandez, Mexican Pharmacopoeia
- Brazilian Pharmacopoeia: vision and expectations for cooperation and convergence, by Arthur Leonardo Lopes Da Silva, Brazilian Pharmacopoeia
- EDQM’s Vision and Expectations for the IMWP, by Susanne Keitel, European Pharmacopoeia/EDQM
- Meet the World Pharmacopoeias Symposium, by Graham Cook, International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations
- Industry Perspective - Pharmacopoeial Evolution, by Janeen Skutnik-Wilkinson, International Pharmaceutical Excipients Council
- World Pharmacopoeia: APIC Expectations, by Jens Brillaut, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Committee
- Global Approaches to Emergent Challenges, by Karen Foster, Association of the European Self-Medication Industry
Other Events / Training Sessions