The EDQM/Council of Europe publishes Newsletter Transplant, which gives international figures on organ, tissue and cell donation and transplantation.
This work is co-ordinated by the Spanish National Transplant Organisation (ONT), which collects and analyses the international data annually through a worldwide network of health authorities and officially-designated individuals (focal points).
Please note: Free paper copies can be obtained from the EDQM Store
Please note: The electronic version of this booklet can be downloaded for free online
- Illicit and unethical activities with human tissues and cells: Addressing the need for the elaboration of an international legal instrument to protect donors and recipients (October 2018)
- CD-P-TO position statement on Global Kidney Exchange concept (April 2018)
- Kidney exchange programmes in Europe (August 2018)
- Long-term outcome of living kidney donation (November 2015)
- Transplantation and Physical Activity (July 2015)
This publication is also available in French.
Translations of these booklets made by member states into non-official languages are available here.
Joint Council of Europe/United Nations Study
The purpose of this European Consensus Document (2003 is to provide a step-by-step guide to the most effective ways of procuring the maximum number of high quality organs for transplantation from cadaveric donors based on an analysis of the scientific data available and relevant international experience.