Levels of Collaboration within the General European OMCL Network (GEON)
There are two levels of collaboration within the network.
Firstly, general activities are open to all the member and observer states of the European Convention on the Elaboration of a European Pharmacopoeia. These activities are as follows:
- the Quality Assurance (QA) Programme;
- the Proficiency Testing Scheme (PTS) studies;
- the general Market Surveillance Scheme (MSS);
- educational activities; and
- applied analytical research and standardisation development.
Secondly, certain activities involve countries from the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) only. These are as follows:
- the Centrally Authorised Products (CAP) Sampling & Testing Programme;
- the Mutual Recognition Procedure (MRP) and the Decentralised Procedure (DCP) Post Marketing Surveillance Scheme; and
- the Official Control Authority Batch Release (OCABR) for human biological medicinal products, and OCABR and Official Batch Protocol Review (OBPR) for immunological veterinary medicinal products (IVMPs).