The European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) is a single reference work for the quality control of medicines. The official standards published within provide a scientific basis for quality control during the entire life cycle of a product.
These standards are legally binding – as laid down in the Council of Europe’s Convention on the elaboration of a European Pharmacopoeia and in EU and national pharmaceutical legislation. Ph. Eur. quality standards become mandatory on the same date in all signatory member states of the Convention.
- The Pharmacopoeia you need to comply with in order to market your products in 38 European countries and beyond.
- It delivers crucial information earlier than any other pharmacopoeia.
- With 114 new and 683 revised texts, approximately 30% of the content is new or revised compared to Edition 9.0.
- It contains 2 420 monographs, 374 general texts (including general monographs and methods of analysis) and around 2 780 descriptions of reagents.
The 10th edition of the Ph. Eur. will be released in July 2019 and will be updated with 8 supplements over the next 3 years (10.1 to 10.8).
More information on the content will be made available closer to the release date.
- Print version: the 10th Edition consists of 3 initial volumes (10.0) complemented by 8 non-cumulative supplements (10.1 to 10.8). For the convenience of users, direct access to complementary information (Knowledge Database) is included for each monograph and general chapters through a data matrix code. Available in either English or French, the print version contains a subscription key (EPID code) that allows access to online archives.
- NEW electronic version providing:
- Completely cumulative versions, bilingual (English and French), with new features and direct access to complementary information (Knowledge Database).
- Access to the Ph. Eur. Online website from all recent common operating systems (tablet and smartphone friendly).
- Application fully compatible with recent Windows and Linux operating systems (Mac coming soon).
Individual use: installation of the application to 1 computer and to 1 USB stick, for online or offline use, for easy access while on the move or in environments where the use of the book or the website would not be possible or would be impractical.
Shared use: installation of the application to computers or USB sticks and use whether connected to internet or not, for example for non-nominative access in university libraries or laboratories.
- New management of licences.
Other features of this new electronic version of the Ph. Eur. include:
- Direct links to texts
- Improved search query management
- Improved visibility of changes (for revised and corrected texts)
More information on technical specifications and updated FAQs will be released soon.
Access to archives included in the subscription. The Ph. Eur. online archives are available to all users with an up-to-date subscription (print or electronic).
- 10th Edition print version: the 2020 subscription will consist of the first 3 volumes (10.0) and the first 2 non-cumulative updates, 10.1 and 10.2, and will provide access to the Ph. Eur. online archives until 31 December 2020.
- 10th Edition electronic version: the 2020 subscription will provide access until 31 December 2020 to the content of 10.0 and the first 2 cumulative updates, 10.1 and 10.2, as well as to the Ph. Eur. online archives.
- Languages: the print version is available in either English or French, whereas the electronic version is bilingual (English and French).
- Prices and offers:
- 540€ per subscription.
- A package including printed and electronic version is available, for a significantly reduced price, to those users interested in having access to both versions.
- Benefit from free handling charges (for print version) by ordering online.
- Save money by purchasing more than 2 electronic versions at the same time.
- Special prices for universities.
- 10th Edition Price List.
- For more information, see “Sales information” opposite or contact email@example.com