Earliest access to all European quality standards that come into effect on 1 January 2017
The European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) is Europe’s legal and scientific benchmark for pharmacopoeial standards which contribute to delivering high quality medicines in Europe and beyond.
The Ph. Eur. is applicable in 37 European countries and used in over 100 countries worldwide.
It delivers crucial information earlier than any other pharmacopoeia – the 9th Edition was released in mid-2016.
With 121 new and 1,403 revised texts, over 50% of the 9th Edition’s content is new compared to the 8th Edition.
For more information about the European Pharmacopoeia, go to our European Pharmacopoeia section.
Information on content
9th Edition (9.0)
Versions and Subscriptions
The Ph. Eur. is supplied in a variety of formats:
- Book Version: Available in English or French. The 9th Edition consists of 3 initial volumes (9.0) and they will be complemented by 8 non-cumulative supplements (9.1 to 9.8). The 9th Edition (including Supplement 9.2) contains 2343 monographs (including dosage forms), 359 general texts (including general monographs and methods of analysis) and around 2650 descriptions of reagents. New feature: it includes a direct link to the KNOWLEDGE database from each monograph. Free access to online archives.
- Online Version: Completely cumulative, tablet and smartphone friendly. Bilingual: English and French. Changes (inserted or deleted texts) indicated in both html and pdf versions. Possibility of adding RSS feeds for specific queries. Direct access to the KNOWLEDGE database, with a powerful search engine. Read the Technical Specifications
- USB Version: Completely cumulative and bilingual (English and French). Allows easy access to the Ph. Eur. while on the move or in environments where the use of the book or online versions would be inappropriate or impractical. It is also ideal for users who have more than one computer. The 2017 subscription will consist of three USB keys (9.0, 9.1 and 9.2). As from 2017 (i.e. from 9.3), the USB format will be replaced by a downloadable version. Read the Technical Specifications
- Languages: The book version is available in English and French. Both online and USB versions are bilingual (English and French).
- Packages: Different packages are available for a significantly reduced price for customers interested in having more than one version.
- Archives: The Ph. Eur. Archives contain the 1st Edition to 7th Edition in PDF format. The 8th Edition will also be available in the archives as from 1 January 2017. The archives are available to those who have a subscription (book, online or USB stick) and a registered EPID code.