Gross monthly salary: 3 027 € (grade B1) or 3 449 € (grade B2)
Location: Strasbourg (France)
Temporary contract (maximum 1 year)
Deadline for applications: 15/11/2023
Are you a highly organised and motivated professional with previous knowledge of customs? Are you meticulous with good client service skills and a “can-do” attitude?
If the answer to all these questions is yes, we are looking for someone like you to join our team!
The main tasks associated with this job are:
- providing support for the import and export (customs clearance) of EDQM products and samples, including:
- entering data into Prodouane, the French government’s online customs system;
- gathering and/or preparing documents for customs clearance (dispatch note, pro forma distribution, etc.);
- assisting with the return of products sent by the EDQM to countries outside the European Union;
- submitting import/export permit applications for controlled substances (narcotics, psychotropic substances, drug precursors, ozone-depleting substances, etc.);
- submitting requests for VAT exemption certificates (goods and services) to the Council of Europe’s Protocol service and following-up on them;
- verifying the Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System (HS codes);
- issuing certificates of origin for reference standards.
- be a citizen of a member State of the Council of Europe;
- hold a two- or three-year year higher education qualification in logistics or customs;
- be at ease with the following IT tools: Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Prodouane;
- have at least one year of experience in a similar position (international scope dealing with several countries, 90% air shipment customs clearance);
- have a very good knowledge of one of the two official languages of the Council of Europe (French) and good knowledge of the other (English);
- not be the parent, child, stepchild or grandchild of a serving staff member of the Council of Europe.
The following would be an asset:
- knowledge of the customs interface system (Conex) and ERPs (SAP).
Please send your CV and covering letter in French or English to email@example.com.
International working environment
Holidays, wellbeing and work-life balance
Sustainable working environment
Attractive tax-free salary