There are two levels of collaboration within the network.
Firstly, general activities are open to all the member and observer states of the European Convention on the Elaboration of a European Pharmacopoeia. These activities are as follows:
- the Quality Assurance (QA) Programme;
- the Proficiency Testing Scheme (PTS) studies;
- the general Market Surveillance Scheme (MSS);
- educational activities; and
- applied analytical research and standardisation development.
Secondly, certain activities involve countries from the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) only. These are as follows:
- the Centrally Authorised Products (CAP) Sampling & Testing Programme;
- the Mutual Recognition Procedure (MRP) and the Decentralised Procedure (DCP) Post Marketing Surveillance Scheme; and
- the Official Control Authority Batch Release (OCABR) for human biological medicinal products, and OCABR and Official Batch Protocol Review (OBPR) for immunological veterinary medicinal products (IVMPs).